Sometimes we have to deal with a situation in which a colleague or student dies or is involved in a serious accident. In these situations, we primarily have to be able to accept and provide space and opportunity to process the emotional response of those affected. This also involves providing an opportunity to respectfully gather to reflect on what has happened and remember the deceased.
Checklist and action plans
The action plans apply to employees and students at the Faculty of Science and include routines and a list of contacts to be used in the event of a serious incident. They are first and foremost intended as a tool in the event of a death or serious accident, but can also be applied in other situations. The action plans help you to:
- Approach those affected in a calm and efficient manner and provide them with support
- Create a sense of confidence that we all know how crisis situations are to be managed
- Spread information on what we are to do in crisis situations and why
Download checklists and action plans
- Checklist for notification of incident (PDF, 102 kB, opens in a new tab)
- Crisis action plan that applies to employees (PDF, 287 kB, opens in a new tab)
- Crisis action plan that applies to students (PDF, 297 kB, opens in a new tab)
Responsibility in crisis situations
It is important that everyone at the Faculty of Science knows that there is a plan in place should a crisis arise. Ultimate responsibility in crisis situations rests with the dean of the faculty. When a department is affected, the head of department is responsible for crisis management. The dean and heads of department are responsible for ensuring that the action plans are distributed at all departments and that they are followed efficiently in the event of a crisis.
The University has an agreement with the company BrolinWestrell for acute psychological crisis support.
Contact the University's department for security and environment to gain access to BrolinWestrell's emergency phone number.
Department for security and environment – staff.lu.se
If you are interested in hiring BrolinWestrell for a larger assignment, you first need to consult the faculty's head of human resources.