Apply for outgoing exchange studies
On this page, you can find information on how to apply for outgoing exchange studies. Your application will be processed by the faculty's international office and you will be notified by email whether or not you have been nominated for an exchange.
Studies during the academic year 2024/2025
- 15 October – 15 November 2023: main application period.
- 1–15 February 2024: second application period (for the remaining exchange places).
- 1–10 September 2024: last application period for studies during the spring semester 2025 (for the remaining exchange places).
University of California
University of California has its own application period and application round.
1–15 November 2023: application period for exchange studies during the academic year 2024/2025 is
Apply in the application system
You apply for exchange studies in the Lund University application system, Solemove.
Before you apply: you need to know which universities you want to apply to and have drawn up a study plan for each university. Find out more on the page Plan your outgoing exchange studies. You can apply for up to 10 universities. You must list all the universities in the same application.
The link to the application is available in the guide below.
Documents to include in your application
- Study plan for each university
Download form for study plan (PDF, 185 kB, opens in a new tab)
- CV written in English and no more than two A4 pages long. You may design it as you wish.
- Official transcript of records, which shows the courses you have taken at Lund University. You can get the transcript via the Ladok system.
Log in to Ladok
- Statement of purpose, in which you explain why you wish to study abroad, how your planned studies relate to your main field of study here at Lund University, and what future benefits you believe your exchange studies will have. Also justify your first choice of university. Your statement of purpose must be written in English and not exceed one A4 page.
Wait for a nomination
Many of our exchange places receive more applicants than can be accommodated, in which case the applicants are ranked based on the number of attained credits, grades and the purpose of the exchange (as described in your application). You will be notified via email whether you have been offered an exchange place or not.
Next step: Once you have been nominated
Once you have been nominated for an exchange it's time to take the next step – reply to the nomination notification and write your application to the host university.