Apply for outgoing exchange studies
On this page, you can find information on how to apply for outgoing exchange studies. Your application will be processed by the faculty's international office and you will be notified by email whether or not you have been nominated for an exchange.
Apply in the application system
You apply for exchange studies in the Lund University application system, Solemove.
- Log in to the application system Solemove
- Select ”Lund University” in the drop-down list.
- Choose to log in using "LUCAT-SWAMID" and provide the username and password in your StiL identity.
- Click on "Advanced search".
- Select “Faculty of Science” in the drop-down list under "Application period” and then click on "Search". All universities that are part of the call will now appear.
- Download the guide to Solemove (see below) and follow the instructions on page 6 onwards.
Documents to include in your application
Your CV, which should be no more than two A4 pages long and written in English. You may design it as you wish.
The Ladok transcript should show which courses you have taken. This information is available through the Student Portal.
Statement of purpose
In your Statement of Purpose you explain why you wish to study abroad, how your planned studies relate to your main field of study here at Lund University, and what future benefits you believe your exchange studies will have. Also justify your first choice of university. Your statement of purpose must be written in English and not exceed one A4 page.
Wait for a nomination
Many of our exchange places receive more applicants than can be accommodated, in which case the applicants are ranked based on the number of attained credits, grades and the purpose of the exchange (as described in your application). You will be notified via email whether you have been offered an exchange place or not.
Next step: Once you have been nominated
Once you have been nominated for an exchange it's time to take the next step – reply to the nomination notification and write your application to the partner university.