Apply for outgoing exchange studies
On this page, you can find information on how to apply for outgoing exchange studies. Your application will be processed by the faculty's international office and you will be notified by email whether or not you have been nominated for an exchange.
Exchange studies during the academic year 2023/2024
- Last application period for studies during the spring semester 2024 (for the remaining exchange places): 1–10 September 2023.
Exchange studies during the academic year 2024/2025
- Main application period: 15 October – 15 November 2023.
- Second application period (for the remaining exchange places): 1–15 February 2024.
- Last application period for studies during the spring semester 2025 (for the remaining exchange places): 1–10 September 2024.
University of California
University of California has its own application period and application round.
The application period for exchange studies during the academic year 2023/2024 is 1–15 November 2022.
University of California exchange programme – lunduniversity.lu.se
Apply in the application system
You apply for exchange studies in the Lund University application system, Solemove.
- Log in to the application system Solemove
- Select ”Lund University” in the drop-down list.
- Choose to log in using "LUCAT-SWAMID" and provide the username and password in your StiL identity.
- Click on "Advanced search".
- Select “Faculty of Science” in the drop-down list under "Application period” and then click on "Search". All universities that are part of the call will now appear.
- Download the guide to Solemove (see below) and follow the instructions on page 7 onwards.
Guide to Solemove (PDF, 2,6 MB, new tab)
Documents to include in your application
Download form for study plan (PDF, 185 kB, opens in a new tab)
Your CV, which should be no more than two A4 pages long and written in English. You may design it as you wish.
Official transcript of records
The official transcript of records shows which courses you have taken at Lund University. You can get the transcript via the Ladok system.
Statement of purpose
In your Statement of Purpose you explain why you wish to study abroad, how your planned studies relate to your main field of study here at Lund University, and what future benefits you believe your exchange studies will have. Also justify your first choice of university. Your statement of purpose must be written in English and not exceed one A4 page.
Wait for a nomination
Many of our exchange places receive more applicants than can be accommodated, in which case the applicants are ranked based on the number of attained credits, grades and the purpose of the exchange (as described in your application). You will be notified via email whether you have been offered an exchange place or not.
Next step: Once you have been nominated
Once you have been nominated for an exchange it's time to take the next step – reply to the nomination notification and write your application to the host university.