The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Credit transfer for exchange studies

When you have completed your exchange studies you can apply for credit transfer of your courses to your degree at the Faculty of Science. Decisions on credit transfer are made by the department.

Point systems in other countries

Different countries use different point systems. If you have studied at a host university in the European Union (or in Iceland, Norway, Switzerland or Turkey) the European Credit Transfer System, ECTS, applies. This means that 1 ECTS point is equivalent to 1 credit.

Read about what is counted as full-time studies at other host universities (PDF, 74 kB, opens in a new tab)

Applying for credit transfer

Your host university sends the Transcript of Records (ToR) to your coordinator here at Lund University (a person at either External Relations or the faculty's international office). The coordinator then sends on the information to you and your department, which decides on the credit transfer. Before making a decision, the department also needs to see your course syllabi, which you are responsible for submitting to the international coordinator at your department.

Remember that it is only the number of points that is credited and registered in Ladok. You can use you Transcript of Records from the host university as a supplementary document for your degree certificate on completion of your studies.


Send an email to outgoing [at] science [dot] lu [dot] se (outgoing[at]science[dot]lu[dot]se) if you have questions concerning credit transfer.