The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Credit transfer

In first and second cycle studies

As a student, you are entitled to apply for transfer of credits from previous studies. This applies to studies completed both in Sweden and abroad, including exchange studies.


For your application to be reviewed at the Faculty of Science, you must be admitted to and currently studying at the faculty.

Rules governing credit transfer (see Chapter 6, Sections 6–8) of the Higher Education Ordinance –


Your application consists of a form together with documents/qualifications. Remember to apply in good time for your credit transfer. The processing of your application may take up to eight weeks.


You apply for credit transfer via the form below. You may wish to complete the form together with the contact person for credit transfer at your department, who is also the person to whom you hand in your application when it is complete.

Application form for credit transfer of complete course/module (PDF, 681 kB, new tab)


You must attach certified documents/qualifications to your application.

  • For a completed course: course certificate and course syllabus, including required reading list.
  • For an incomplete course: certificate of enrolment and course syllabus, including required reading list.
  • For exchange studies: special procedures for the documentation/qualifications apply to transfer of credits from exchange studies.
    Credit transfer for exchange studies


If you are granted a credit transfer, it will be entered into Ladok.

If your application is rejected, you may appeal against the decision to the Higher Education Appeals Board, pursuant to Chapter 12 Section 2 of the Higher Education Ordinance.

Appeal against the decision

Your appeal must be sent to Lund University within three weeks from the day when you received the decision.

You must include the following in your appeal:

  • Which decision you are appealing, for example by providing the decision’s registration number.
  • The changes to the decision that you are requesting and the circumstances that support your request.

Send your appeal to:
Lund University
Box 117
221 00 Lund

Processing of your personal data

Documents concerning credit transfer are registered. In the handling of your application, your personal data will be processed in accordance with current legislation.