IN FIRST AND SECOND CYCLE STUDIES
As a student, you are entitled to apply for transfer of credits from previous studies. This applies to studies completed both in Sweden and abroad, including exchange studies.
For your application to be reviewed at the Faculty of Science, you must be admitted to and currently studying at the faculty.
Your application consists of a form together with documents/qualifications. Remember to apply in good time for your credit transfer. The processing of your application may take up to eight weeks.
You apply for credit transfer via a special form to be found on your department’s website. The website will also provide information on whom to contact for credit transfer at your department. You may wish to complete the form together with the contact person, who is also the person to whom you hand in your application when it is complete.
You must attach certified documents/qualifications to your application.
- For a completed course: course certificate and course syllabus, including required reading list.
- For an incomplete course: certificate of enrolment and course syllabus, including required reading list.
- For exchange studies: special procedures for the documentation/qualifications apply to transfer of credits from exchange studies.
Credit transfer for exchange studies
If you are granted a credit transfer, it will be entered into Ladok.
If your application is rejected, you may appeal against the decision to the Higher Education Appeals Board, pursuant to Chapter 12 Section 2 of the Higher Education Ordinance.
Appeal against the decision
Your appeal must be sent to Lund University within three weeks from the day when you received the decision.
You must include the following in your appeal:
- Which decision you are appealing, for example by providing the decision’s registration number.
- The changes to the decision that you are requesting and the circumstances that support your request.
Send your appeal to:
221 00 Lund
Processing of your personal data
Documents concerning credit transfer are registered. In the handling of your application, your personal data will be processed in accordance with current legislation.
Find the department's information on credit transfer on the departments' websites:
- Credit transfer for the Bachelor´s programme at the Centre for Mathematical Sciences
- Credit transfer for the Master´s programmes at the Centre for Mathematical Sciences
- Credit transfer at the Department of Chemistry
- Credit transfer at the Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science
- Credit transfer at the Medical Radiation Physics