Establishment and discontinuation of study programmes and courses
The faculty’s process for the establishment and discontinuation of study programmes and courses in the first and second cycles follows Lund University’s regulations and decisions.
The establishment and discontinuation of study programmes and courses is often initiated by the faculty’s departments and is primarily discussed in the faculty’s study programmes board, in which all the departments are represented. The planning of study programmes and courses takes account of student demand and societal needs. The faculty has also drawn up common procedures for the establishment of courses and approval and revision of course syllabi.
The faculty’s strategic educational planning is summarised by year below.
- The investigation into a Master’s programme in Computational Science is completed and a decision is to be taken on a possible follow-up of the investigation work.
- The Nordic Master’s programme in Environmental Changes at Higher Latitudes has been formally established as a specialisation in the Master’s programme in Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science.
- A new specialisation in X-Ray and Neutron Science has been established within the Master’s programme in Physics.
- The faculty has started a new foundation year in science with permanent study places in collaboration with Lund University’s Faculty of Science as of autumn 2020.
- An investigation into the possibility of developing a department-wide Master’s programme in the field of Computational Science was initiated.
- The faculty board gave a green light to investigating the establishment of a new Nordic Master’s programme in Environmental Changes at Higher Latitudes.
- A new specialisation was established in the Master’s programme in Geology: Biogeology.
- The Bachelor’s programme in Meteorology was suspended until further notice due to declining student recruitment.