In the event of power shortfall and power cuts
A considerable reduction in the availability of electricity is expected this winter. If the electricity available is less than the demand for electricity, this results in what is known as a power shortfall. This could lead to short power cuts at the University.
Important for you to know
- If Svenska Kraftnät warns of a power shortage, you will receive a message in the Canvas learning platform. There will then be an increased risk of power cuts in the next few days.
- The course manager will notify you if teaching has to be cancelled due to a warning of power shortfall.
- If there is a power cut on campus, all teaching and assessment must be suspended immediately. All students must leave the University premises and go home.
- If there is a power cut during an assessment, you will be informed by staff in the classroom about how the assessment will be affected.
- After a possible power cut, you will be notified (via Canvas or another channel) when teaching can be resumed.