Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.
You are here

Credit transfer


As a student, you are entitled to apply for transfer of credits from previous studies. This applies to studies completed both in Sweden and abroad, including exchange studies.


For your application to be reviewed at the Faculty of Science, you must be admitted to and currently studying at the faculty. The rules governing credit transfer are to be found in Chapter 6, Sections 6–8 of the Higher Education Ordinance.


Your application consists of a form together with documents/qualifications. Remember to apply in good time for your credit transfer. The processing of your application may take up to eight weeks.


You apply for credit transfer via a special form to be found on your department’s website. The website will also provide information on whom to contact for credit transfer at your department. You may wish to complete the form together with the contact person, who is also the person to whom you hand in your application when it is complete.


You must attach certified documents/qualifications to your application.

  • For a completed course: course certificate and course syllabus, including required reading list
  • For an incomplete course: certificate of enrolment and course syllabus, including required reading list

Special procedures for the documentation/qualifications apply to transfer of credits from exchange studies.
Read more about credit transfer for exchange studies


If you are granted a credit transfer, it will be entered into Ladok.

If your application is rejected, you may appeal against the decision to the Higher Education Appeals Board, pursuant to Chapter 12 Section 2 of the Higher Education Ordinance. Send your appeal to:

Higher Education Appeals Board
Lund University
Box 117
221 00 Lund

Processing of your personal data

Documents concerning credit transfer are registered. In the handling of your application, your personal data will be processed in accordance with current legislation.


Page Manager: